Well it was a tad obvious that the story of the ant was a
metaphor from the first nine pages. I
thought this book was raw and unedited, but maybe it is revised. Perhaps the narrative is so deliberate that
a portion of the arc inspired the fantastical introduction. As to say that the structure of the story
seems more like a narrative film than a documentary. As a reader I feel relieved, because Wilson
reassured Weschler of his endless wonder.
There is a sense of closure in the text.
I believe Weschler wrote the text in a manner that mirrors a scientist’s
reality. That is how a scientist
stumbles upon one of nature’s manifestations, gets lost in a layered mess,
begins to think hypothetically and then finally concludes with a theory or
concept. This text is quite entertaining
because of that fluid or mysterious structure. Due to this I felt like an occasional an observer instead of actually going on the
ride with Weschler. I do
believe that art and science are two different worlds, but Wilson partially
blended the escapism aspect of film with scientific pieces. The exhibits were intriguing like an art
show. So that is quite interesting and
independent. After all, Wilson did own
the museum. Of course, one culture can
inspire another, or even blend. A
culture is produced and created, more than having a set rule, or definition
that everyone must follow. If that
happens, nobody would progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment