Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Boo -25

I could go on forever about how much I appreciate Boo's writing style. It's so colorful and dynamic, which is something that our previous readings have lacked. I'm wondering how exactly she got this information because she presents it in such detail that I would almost have to believe she was there, as I myself don't know anyone that could recount their lives in such detail to the point where it is possible that Abdul just recounted what happened. Then again, she could be embellishing the story to make it more interesting and to get the reader connected with the characters. Part of me wants to believe that she was there watching this whole story play out, but just removed herself enough from what happened that she did not need to mention that she was in fact right next to Abdul as this story unfolded. Boo also does a really great job with making it seem like Abdul really does have a lot and is living rather comfortably compared to his neighbors, so much so that I cannot help but think of how lucky I am in comparison to Abdul.

No comments:

Post a Comment