Monday, February 3, 2014

My first reaction to this section was that I was glad we moved on. After reading the first nine pages of the book I was flat out confused on what this book was going to be about. I now feel as if I have a better understanding. I was really intrigued by the intense research the narrator did about the information he found at the MJT museum. Now a days we are used to just surfing on to the web and finding whatever it is that is needed, but the fact that he went around and called different places to back up the knowledge to me sounds as if the narrator is being induced with a spore himself. The curiosity is taking over him and making him engage in material he knew nothing about. He was very precise in his doings and even though he found that all of the information that Mr. Wilson gave was half- true and hazed over he was able to get an idea of where it all began and what they all represent.

I thoroughly enjoyed how much detail he put into each scene. When he talked about the different sections of the museum each was very unique in its information and although they somehow all relate back to each other, each and everyone of them was carefully selected and placed. The description of Mr. Wilson himself was quite interesting as well. Clearly his wife is going to have the best description of him but to be able to describe your husband as a dwarf like figure sounds to me a bit insulting, but considering how many years they’ve been together and how much they care for each other I don’t believe Diana cares too much about images.

No comments:

Post a Comment