Once again, the text becomes fictional and persuasive. At the very beginning of section two the word
fraud is tossed around. Supposedly the
documentation of the lead walls is deemed impossible. As I read on I begin to question the text’s
credibility. How did Donald Evan’s
pieces of so-called postage stamps qualify to be exhibited in the Guggenheim
Museum? I can believe someone died in a downtown New York apartment fire, but
what centaurs’ skeletons become street art or art in apartment galleries and then
go on to tour the world at galleries not ‘museums’? I have searched Donald Evans online,
especially on the Guggenheim’s website and I did not find anything. Even in the text Weschler questions a
university’s existence and declares that he hung up on a call due to his
doubts. At this point I am wondering why
is false matters included in this book.
I understand the usual themes of fiction versus fact, especially in
narratives, but twisting the reader’s mind with rubbish is a turn-off. Frankly, the first section is entertaining,
but this second section is like a play that runs on without any point, or
climax. It is the beginning of the
second chapter, but from the perspective of the entire text so far, this is utter playfulness. Some fantasies should remain private.
No comments:
Post a Comment