Wednesday, February 19, 2014

New Delhi Reading Response

Delhi sounds like quite the crazy place to live in. This isn't the first time I've heard about the issues that are prevalent in modern day India, as the news websites and community outlets I visit often have reports about public rapes and homicides it seems on a monthly basis. I think similarly to places like Dubai or Beijing and Tokyo, Delhi is a place where the old and the new clash heads and sometimes the results are beautiful and sometimes horrendous. It’s weird to think it contains a notable fraction of the entire world’s population where places like New York City can’t even hold a match, and yet it contains such poverty stricken areas and people. It seems like a place that doesn't know what it is, or at least what it’s expected or needed to be in the modern day. The culture is as wide and as varied as its people’s socioeconomic statuses and ways of life, so who can pinpoint what the true face of Delhi is.

No comments:

Post a Comment