Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Beyond the beautiful forevers


In the first 25 pages including the prologue of the book the beautiful forevers, I was able to get a good idea of what this book is going to be like. While reading some of the book it instantly reminded me of the movie Slumdog Millionaire. It was able to give me a better visual of what they might be working with in the slums. We were able to get a feel for the characters and how Abdul seems to be the main character, often chosen over in his day to day life, unless it has something to do with making money for the family with his skills of sorting garbage. A job I hope I never have to have. I am guessing that the book will follow along with Abdul and hopefully have a success story at the end about how he was able to get out of the slums and live a life he deserves. Its so sad to think that children are living in conditions like this, not having food to eat and hardly even have a roof over their heads, yet there are huge cities that are being built right around them. I also don’t understand how the government would be upset with them trying to make a living off of something that is not really harming anyone. To get a chance to get out of the slums is slim but I’m truthfully hoping that Abdul is able to!

No comments:

Post a Comment