Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Boo 1-25
Boo’s choice to write the first paragraph to
reveal an event that occurs later and to backtrack to the beginning is a really
great writing choice to captivate readers. While reading, I kept anticipating
the whole section of the story when someone catches on fire. Her intentions were
made clear when she started with, “Let it keep” and told the readers to rewind.
I enjoy reading the story and being
presented with information in a less obvious way that fits into the text. For
example, we are told that the Annawadi slum was settled in 1991 by a band of
laborers trucked in from the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu to repair a runaway
at the international airport” (Boo:5). It is very upsetting to read about the squalor
they endured while living there. The fact that this is an ongoing situation for
many people makes it a tragedy. From reading the first twenty-five pages, I can
honestly say that I’m looking forward to reading the rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment