Thursday, February 6, 2014
Weschler 75
I find myself more in more interested in Wilson's character as the story progresses. One might call him devoted, yet another might call him delusional. The narrarator is having a tough time deciding what category he falls into. It's almost as if Wilson is the leader of an offshoot intelectual cult consisting of his family and fellow MJT devotees. It's interesting to think of the boundaries and rules that define and constitute a real museum. By the previously mentioned 'Muse' definition it has much more of an entertainment focus. There are quite a few exhibits there that don't seem to explicitly teach the viewer anything, like the micro-miniatures for example. Is this museum just a place with strange and quirky stuff? I think it's safer to call it that considering the lack of factual and titular consistency or even accuracy. I don't think Wilson is out there wanting to decieve people, he's much to invested for that. What would he have to gain from scamming people? He's creating an atmosphere for people to escape to, and he's doing so at a loss. Disorganization is the main flaw I see for his museum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment