Thursday, February 6, 2014
Weschler -75
To be honest, when I first started reading this book I was completely bored and lost. The more and more I read it, the more I feel as if I’m inhaling a spore. I want to continue reading to see what other types of masterpieces Mr. Wilson will have on display or find out why the author is so fascinated with the Museum of Jurassic Technology. The author doesn’t even realize that he has done the same thing. He continues to visit the MJT and learn about new pieces of art or technology etc. but continues to question Mr. Wilson on the history of these pieces. I understand his questioning at the beginning and how everything seemed a little far fetch but to continue to keep questioning his facts is almost rude in a way. It’s almost as if the author is doubting Mr. Wilsons character. Yes, there are times where he gets his facts a little confused, but hey, there are a lot of displays that filter through the museum and the fact that he knows so much already is pretty amazing. When the author was talking with Eisner he was laughing about the findings of Mr. Wilson. Once Weschler talked with Eisner he found that in fact what Mr. Wilson was telling him was correct, with a few minor corrections on names and whatnot. I’m curious to know how Mr. Wilson interprets Weschler. Does he think he’s an honest man, or is he just there to make fun of Mr. Wilson and his findings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment