Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Redfield response

While reading redfields first 24 pages I found myself lost and bored from early on. His sense of writing is one the quickly loses the readers and doesn’t grasp the audiences attention. He talked in a way that was very factual and not very intriguing or opinionated. Mr. Wilson was at least passionate about his findings and had a personal bond with these items.
Redfield gives a simple definition of culture as providing for life’s needs in an orderly way that makes sense to the people living under it. When reading that it was about the only thing I agreed with. Its the way the people have learned to adapt with their everyday endeavors. Maybe I was able to agree with it because it wasn’t very detailed. It was a pretty broad definition but one that made sense.

In this reading Redfield used primarily second sources in his writing. He did this because most of information was about the history of anthropology and was merely impossible to have first hand experience with these facts considering they are thousands of years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment