Thursday, February 13, 2014

Weschler - Pages 100-109


In only 100 words, the very last page of Weschler’s Mr. Wilson’s Cabinet of Wonders is what I’d like to discuss. When Weschler says, “Everything was actual, everything was real, including . . .” He then changes the topic to leaving the museum for the final time. It is peculiar to me that he leaves us hanging here, because he has been very up front for the majority of the book. Yes, I understand, an ending is something that should leave an audience with a question, but nevertheless, I wanted more from him at this point. Although I do wonder exactly what he meant, so in that sense, it was a success. Also worth mentioning is when Wilson finally settles for not wanting to know more (page 106). He says, “There has to be an end to all this.” I was very, very happy to see this. Bye, Weschler.

No comments:

Post a Comment