Monday, February 3, 2014

Weschler 9-59

Reading this next section of Mr. Wilson’s Cabinet of Wonder I have a much better understanding of what if going on. I think that the first nine pages went on a little too long and could have been more concise. I completely grasp the idea of the book now and can properly analyze it. I am in favor of the way Weschler goes through the museum describing all of the amazing exhibits he’s seen, including the ones he’s previously mentioned. The reader can clearly sense excitement and curiosity in the author’s tone. I am excited as well, especially in the direction Weschler has taken. Instead of random facts with no clarity, there are many interesting random, intriguing facts and wonders about the underlying mysteries of the world. The author, who is visiting this museum, gets clarity from the owner, David Hildebrand Wilson, about why all these random things are here and what they have to do with anything. The owner’s response gives us a feeling of controlled chaos.
Weschler seemed infatuated with The Museum of Jurassic Technology after he leaves. And so am I. I find myself wondering if I could take a quick weekend trip to L.A. to see the Jurassic museum myself. Not only would I be able to see all of these trinkets and insects and pick up the telephone receivers to get the same experience as Weschler, but I would also be able to see if it’s all true. Or is that even in question anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment