Like the few posts I've read, it's nice that both the Museum and the curator, Mr. Wilson, begin to pan out. We get very detailed and effective descriptions of exhibits, and the Wonder aspect starts to form when these exhibits are undermined after further investigation, because in the undermining, we get glimpses at what the MJT really is. A different creature to everyone who enters it, yet a pretty universal commentary on the nature of museums, and what they can be to the individual.
It's also interesting to me, and this is completely unrelated to both Mr. Wilson and Mr. Welscher's intent, but I got my book used, and there are a fair amount of notes spread through it. Most of them are underlinings of things the previous reader found interesting, and more interesting is that which he or she didn't understand. Which is most of it. But this allows me to sort of read the book from kind of an over-the-shoulder point of view, and when I come across notes I self-examine what I think about that section and compare it to my previous reader. Which I feel like relates to the idea of a museum being an experience heavily to do with consciousness, self-awareness and awareness of the exhibits.
No comments:
Post a Comment