Upon reading the first paragraph I thought this article was going to be about crime
in Delhi or of the likes of domestic violence.
I then understood that this was due to its urbanization. Nonetheless, the discussion of barbaric
civilization opened up to the pure and perpetually ancient buildings that
remain. He then wrote as if there is a
tragic beauty in Delhi. I could not help
but think of the abandoned homes my grandparents talk about, the luxury
real-estate closures that my peers talk about and the commercial luxury fashion
in The Bahamas. Personally, I thought it
was distasteful to paste Dior to people in high heels and short skirts. In other words, a high fashion designer
should not be degraded. Nevertheless,
William Dalrymple wrote about statistics and compared Delhi to Rome and Babylon
so secondary research might have been involved.
It may also be just pure observation due to the fact that Delhi is his
home.
No comments:
Post a Comment