Thursday, March 6, 2014

WEF response

What I find interesting about this article is the mention of the fact that the ethnographer should maintain distance while being involved at the same time. I guess it's a fine line that can be crossed very easily if you get too involved with the people or place that you are studying. Your emotions may get involved and then your research could be slightly skewed and wouldn't be completely objective anymore. My approach in my own research has been, in a sense, very personal because I am a photographer and I love everything that has to do with photography. I am already attached emotionally to spaces that display anything related to photography. In a way, I believe that this attachment can benefit my research, but I can also see how it would be more objective if done by somebody who isn't directly involved in this community. I hope that this personal connection can give my research substance and more meaning because I'm not completely detached from the subject matter.

a. kawa

No comments:

Post a Comment