Thursday, March 6, 2014

wef response

The WEF gave a great thorough explanation of how to take field notes. While reading the WEF a lot of my questions about how to do these notes, and what to take these notes on made a little bit more sense. I was able to relate when they brought up how some students get a bit timid or uncomfortable when taking notes in front of others. I have had that experience a time before and being in a site where you already feel unwelcome and uncomfortable they gave great tips on how to handle that that type of situation.
Frankly, I found it interesting that they tell us to go in open minded with no preconceived ideas of what the site might be considering we had to do our proposal and then accept or reject or guesses. I understand what they are saying and I do agree but it’s almost contradicting what we had done in class before hand.

Considering this is an article coming from University of Chicago Press I was surprised by the amount of errors that were found in the reading. A piece like this I would have predicted to not have any errors. I feel as though it makes it unprofessional to have something like this published with this many errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment