Tuesday, April 29, 2014

ending of boo

Well to say the least, it was an interesting ending to the book. I was honestly a bit surprised and disappointed in the end. While reading the last section of the book I feel as if Boo’s style of writing changed slightly. In the beginning it seemed as though she was really picking their brains and had more of their thoughts and insight to write about and towards the end it seemed as though she got a bit lazy and wrote more quotes, and extensive quotes too.
Throughout the entire book she was really able to keep my attention and make the characters relatable in a sense then I got lost. Abdul’s father and sister were free, yet he was not. Manju started working with her mother in illegal work, which was surprising because it seemed that she was the only one with her head on straight. Asha went along with her business of meeting with random men. Annawadi was being evicted and the people that once lived there were being prepared to live on the streets.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that I was hoping for a happier ending, then it dawned on me that this was real life and it isn’t always full of happy endings. The events and episodes that happened in Annawadi are far different than how things are handled here in the US but it really opens your eyes that not every book is going to be a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment