Monday, April 7, 2014

up to 175 boo

I have fallen behind a little bit on the boo responses however, I have been reading on. A great deal of events have happened since my last response, and frankly I'm a bit upset. Everyone I start to build a relationship within the book dies.
They are afraid that ever since the One-Leg, Fatima burned herself, she has put a spell on the Annawadi slums. First, the Hussains were now being blamed for this terrible event and 3 of the family members were thrown in jail. Abdul, the breadwinner of the family was able to move out of the adult jail after being tormented but his mother was still worried about getting him out so he could help support his family again. Once he got back to working, most of his business had collapsed and had to start it all up from the beginning.
After that, all the deaths really began, there were a bunch of bodies found and the “reasoning” was because of tb or other illnesses that were accuring. That was not what was happening, but to the police it was less investigation they would have to go through. Next, came the death of Adbul’s partner Kalu who got beaten up by a crew. then came the suicide of his other friend Sanjay. After the death of Kalu the police brought in a bunch of the garbage pickers for questioning, truth is they just beat them and told them to stay away from the airport or they would put the death of Kalu on them. Sanjay was one of the boys who were interrogated.  He had seen the guys beat Kalu so he was so afraid of being caught by the police and the guys who killed his dear friend. He ran back to his mother’s house where he killed himself by eating rat poison.

It so sad to me that these kids have to go throughout their entire lives in such fear of what could happen to them. Yes, most people have fear in their lives, but after reading this book I have learned to be more appreciative towards the way I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment